Slip, Trips and Falls in Public Places

If you have suffered an injury in a public place as a result of an accident that was not your fault then you could be entitled to make a compensation claim against the responsible party. The responsible party is the person or organisation that was the occupier of the place where the accident happened. This could be a supermarket in which a customer slips on some liquid or a local authority who fails to correct uneven paving resulting in a trip or fall.

If you have been injured in public then you should speak to one of our personal injury solicitors Wakefield who will help you to make a compensation claim on a no win no fee* basis, which means that making a claim is essentially free as even if you win your legal fees will be paid for by the responsible party.

Slips, Trips and Falls Compensation Claims

There are numerous types of injury that you may suffer as a result of a slip, trip or fall. Some of the injuries that we can help you claim compensation for include:

The amount of compensation you can claim will depend on the seriousness of the injury, obviously the more serious the injury the larger the compensation award. In most cases, once liability has been established our personal injury solicitors Wakefield will negotiate a settlement on your behalf which will take into account government guidelines and the amounts awarded in previously decided cases.

In order to make a successful compensation claim you will first need to establish liability. This can be done by taking photographs of the scene where the accident occurred, noting down the details of any witnesses and seeking immediate medical attention. In some cases establishing liability might be made easier if accidents or near misses have occurred previously in the same place and records of them have been logged.

A successful injury in public compensation claim should be made within three years of the date of the accident that resulted in the injury. In the case of a child the claim must be made within three years of his or her 18th birthday (i.e. before they turn 21). Any claim made outside this time period will become statute barred. This means it will not be accepted without special permission from the court which will only be granted in very limited circumstances.

Contact Our Slips, Trips and Falls Solicitors for Wakefield

Call us on 01924 961 567^ or if you would like to contact us online please complete our enquiry form.

Start Your Personal Injury Claim Today

Contact Our Claim Managers Now